School is ONE WEEK away and I am really stressed out just thinking about school work, home work, tests, exams, quizzes, friends, teachers, etc. I start to make a mental schedule in my head every night which makes it hard for me to sleep and it’s giving me a headache! Do you guys have the same problem? Well… I found a great antidote!
But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”
How to Cure Stress?
- Do NOT think of negative things. This is why you’re stressing out in the first place! When you think negatively, this leads you to…
- Worry. Now let me tell you this, worrying is a sin. How? It’s all said in Romans 14:23 Whatever is not from faith, is sin. Worry is also a type of fear and fear is the opposite of faith. No one can worry and pray at the same time – Max Lucado.
- Loosen up! School’s supposed to be a fun and educative experience, not stressful and boring.
- Let God in. He wants to be with you and help you in any possible way! Just pushing Him out of the problem… is a problem.
- Be content. Look around you and see, you are very very blessed. Stop focusing on the bad things.
- Give yourself a rest. Lay down in bed, drink some coffee, eat some cupcakes. Just to keep your mind of your problems. Mark 6:31 Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest”
- Talk to God. Need someone to talk to? Need someone to vent out all those negative feelings? Well, God is there for you 24/7. Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.